Advice for photographers
The Department of Veterans' Affairs may accept photographs of official Office of Australian War Graves commemorations where the photograph meets the following requirements:
1. The photograph is of an official Office of Australian War Graves commemoration
You can see if the photo you have taken is of an official Office of Australian War Graves commemoration by searching for the commemoration you have a photo of.
2.The photograph is either an image of the commemoration showing the details of the inscription or an image showing the entire commemoration. See examples below:
Example of detailed:
Example of whole commemoration image:
- The photograph is no more than 6MB in size.
- The photograph files must be in JPG / JPEG format.
- The photograph must have an aspect ratio of 4:3, 3:2, 16:9, 1:1 or 5:4.
The aspect ratio of an image describes the relationship between it's height and width. The 4:3 ratio is used by most point and shoot cameras. The 3:2 ratio is often used by DSLR cameras. Please consult your camera's user manual for instructions on selecting the image aspect ratio.
- Resizing is acceptable as long as you maintain one of the accepted aspect ratios
Steps for uploading photos:
- Search for the commemoration using the Search for a commemoration page.
- Once you have located the correct commemoration in the search results, select the persons name to show the details of the commemoration.
- On the commemoration details page select the Submit a photo link located in the lower left hand side of the page.
- Follow the instructions on screen.